The SC ST Cell is an important component of the educational institutions. In educational institutions, the SC ST Cell is responsible for promoting the welfare and interests of students and staff belonging to the Scheduled Caste (SC) and Scheduled Tribe (ST) communities. The cell acts as a bridge between the administration and the SC and ST students and staff, addressing their grievances and facilitating their participation in academic and extracurricular activities.
The SC/ST cell of the College was established with the purpose to empower the SC/ST students in the College. The College takes special interest in facilitating financial support to students from these communities from government agencies and other sources. They are also encouraged to enroll for career orientation & skill enhancement programs, which would equip them with the necessary skills to choose a career options.
- To improve the status of SC/ST students socially and educationally, so as to enable them to take their rightful place in the main stream of the society.
- To counsel and guide SC/ST students and help in managing academic and personal issues of College life effectively.
- To provide an environment, where all such students feel safe and secure.
- To give prompt counselling for any emotional emergencies etc. arising on account of any event at the campus and or in personal life.
- To create the mechanism to redress the grievance of SC/ST students, if any
- To ensure protection and reservation as provided in the constitution of India.
- To arrange for special opportunities to enhance the carrier growth of SC/ST students.
- To create the awareness among SC/ST students regarding various scholarships program of State Govt. and UGC.
- To take such follow up measures to achieve the objectives and targets laid down by the Govt. of India, UGC and various government authorities.
- To collect circulars & updated information of State Govt. and UGC’s orders/ directions on various aspect of education, employment of SC/ST Students.
- To communicate & circulate State Govt. and UGS’s decisions about different scholarship programs offered.
- To interact with the students and motivate them for better future planning.
- To function as a Grievance Redressal Cell for the Grievance of SC/ST students, if any and render them necessary help in solving their academic as well as career related issues.
|Mrs. Smita Jagtap||Chairman|
|Mr. Tushar Wakse||Member|
|Mr. Sanjay Partole||Member|
|Mrs. Vandana Chandanshiv||Member|
|Mr. Rahul Akul||Member|
|Mr. Arun More||Member|
|Mrs. Meenakshi Mhatre||Member|